Want to include your dog in the Thanksgiving feast? Make a Thanksgiving-themed stuffed KONG to give them during dinner (or while guests arrive). Not only is this a fun treat for them, it's a healthier way to include them in the festivities than to sneak them table scraps. Stuffed KONGs are a wonderful training tool to create positive associations with safe spaces, crates, visiting company, and other hustle and bustle.
Watch Cathy and Marissa in this Facebook Live to see 4 easy Thanksgiving stuffed KONG recipes:
Thanksgiving Stuffed KONG Recipes
Recipe #1: The "Basic" Stuffed KONG
- Dry dog food
- Wet dog food
- Peanut Butter
Recipe #2: Stuffed KONG for Sensitive Stomachs
- Boiled, de-boned chicken
- Pumpkin (pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
Recipe #3: Pumpkin Pie Stuffed KONG
- Peanut Butter
- Smashed Banana
Recipe #4: Post-Feast Dessert Stuffed KONG
- Smashed banana
- Peanut butter
- Dog treats or dry dog food
- Plain Greek yogurt
Have a favorite Kong stuffing recipe that your dog enjoys? We'd love to hear about it! Share your KONG stuffing recipes in the comments below.
From all of us at Preventive Vet — wishing you and yours a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!
- Keep Your Dog Safe: 6 Important Behavior Skills to Train
- An Open Letter from Your Dog's Pancreas
- Which Bones are Safe for Your Dog?
- How to Stop Your Dog from Counter Surfing
- Lesser Known Pet Toxicities:Grape, Raisin & Curant Toxicity in Dogs
- Does Giving Ice Water to a Dog Cause Bloat?
- Chocolate:The Most Well-Known-About, Yet Still Common, Dog Toxin
- Xylitol:The "Sugar-Free" Sweetener That Your Dog Needs You to Know About
- Pet Safety-When Holiday Guests Come to Visit