The kind of dog treat you use when training your dog can make a big difference in how successful your training sessions are. With so many options available, it can be hard to know what dog treats you should buy.
There is a simple answer to this question. Use whatever training treat your dog enjoys! However, knowing how to "grade" your dog's treats and keeping them varied will benefit you in a few ways:
- You'll be able to train new behaviors faster
- You'll be able to fade out the use of food treats in training more effectively
- Your dog will be more focused on you (and responsive to you) around distractions
- Your dog won't get tired of the the "same-old" treat
- You can better manage your dog's treat calorie intake
Read on for tips to figure out what training treats your dog likes best and when to use different treats to bolster your dog's training.Read More