Content Marketing Specialist
The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for devising, managing, and growing content programs, inbound marketing strategies, and marketing offers, for our corporate clients and our pet-owning and veterinary customers is integral to this role. This highly detail-oriented individual will coordinate and manage all aspects of strategy and content creative, as well as the review and approval processes with internal and external stakeholders. This is a foundational role for Preventive Vet.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external teams to develop content for primarily inbound and web platforms—striking a balance between altruistic educational goals and revenue-generating goals—creating a relationship-based audience
- Prepare and manage project schedules, as well as manage internal resources and freelancers
- Implement and maintain editorial style and communication guidelines.
- Strategize, maintain, update and coordinate editorial calendar of topics/themes, written and graphic-based content. May include video production.
- Develop content designed to deliver on objectives and produce results.
- Develop communication activities focused on cultivating strong partnerships at multiple levels to support client retention.
- Commission and review, as editorial supervisor, content that has been created by others to determine whether or not it meets the established Preventive Vet standard. Be able to suggest editorial modifications for improving the quality and integrity of the content.
- Support internal revenue-generating activities, as well as grow our subscriber and customer base.
- Clearly and concisely communicate and articulate creative and strategic rationales to internal and external audiences. Formal presentations may be required with clients and strategic partners.
- Independently gather, analyze and report on metrics and information associated with content, project, and marketing goals.
- Identify social trends within different demographics and manage content development for varying personas.
- Create content marketing strategies, as well as actively seek out opportunities to grow company’s brand presence and reach, through social media, strategic partnerships, and others.
- Remain interested and motivated to learn, adapt, and contribute to a small growing company, that has an ambitious mission.
- 3+ years’ experience developing B2C and/or B2C content
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills, with a high level of creativity
- Proven storyteller with journalistic sensibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing principles with experience in developing content (web, social, and traditional)
- Understand how to influence an audience using tone, messaging, graphics, and medium
- Ability to clearly communicate prioritized messages
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency including adherence to brand standards
- Highly detail-oriented and well organized
- Demonstrate strong awareness of project management methodologies
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deliver high levels of service and client experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate findings clearly
- Excellent teamwork skills with a non-confrontational, open, and participative style
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, or similar business-related field
Bonus skills/requirements (a successful candidate possesses at least one of these):
- You are a pet lover, with a passion for health, education, and lifestyle-related content and products
- You have veterinary or human health experience
- You have, or have had, a dog or cat as a pet
Preventive Vet™ is a collective of veterinarians, certified trainers, behaviorists, marketers, copywriters and educators. Our mission is to provide pet owners with the awareness and advice that will help them keep their cats and dogs happy, healthy, and safe. By providing engaging content that is a blend of fun, quirky and interesting while at the same time being credible and trusted. We help to support, not replace, the important relationship that people have with their veterinary team.
We provide a multidisciplinary approach to our content development and offer a diverse range of expertise across all facets of veterinary medicine, as well as from every corner of the pet care industry. We are also seasoned marketers and rely on clinical and real-world experience, as well as pet owner and client input and feedback. Together, we’ve built an education and support network, specifically geared towards preventive care and safety, tailored to be accessible for all pet owners. As a result, Preventive Vet is a leading, online resource for veterinarian-endorsed preventive health and safety information for dog and cat owners.