poisonous mushrooms identification

    Poisonous Mushroom Identification

    Not all mushrooms are edible, and certain ones can be deadly. Of particular concern are those in the Amanita genus. Here are some resources to help you identify dangerous mushrooms that would be harmful to your dog or cat.

    If you fear your dog or cat has eaten a poisonous mushroom seek veterinary help immediately. They can go into a coma-like sleep within hours of ingestion or suffer severe liver failure. Time is truly of the essence. Contact your veterinarian, a pet poison control center or visit your local Animal ER.

    Resources

     

     

    *If you have a resource that you love and want other pet owners to be aware of, please let us know about it and we’ll evaluate it for consideration on our resources pages. Thank you!